Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Camla's weirdness d'jour

So, is my blog the proper place to admit my bizarre behaviorisms? If not here, where??!! The answer may be nowhere! Keep that shit to yourself, Camla... But, alas, I cannot. I must embrace my weirdness and revel in it.

Today is my day off from the frozen hell that is my route. I stayed up last night until 10:30 (whoo hoo!!). I slept until 7:00!!! Many people will not appreciate how fabulous that is, but my co-workers will... I turned on my phone at 8am to listen to a voice mail from my supervisor asking me if I could please work today. No, I cannot. I have an omellet to make and I must sit on my ass for a few hours, enjoying my rare leisure time. So sorry.

I cleaned the ferret room and started some laundry after surfing the web. Then, I wrote my grocery list and packed up to leave the house. And by "packed up", I mean I put my shovel in my car and drove to my route. Here is where, as my friend Kim put it, the "insanity" began. I went to several houses on my route and shoveled their sidewalks. Kim asked me how many I shoveled, so give me a sec while I count them up... Um, apparently 5 is the total. These people had not TOUCHED their sidewalks. We are talking about a foot and a half to two feet of snow. I was forced to walk is the street when I arrived at these houses, which is both dangerous and time consuming. So, I went out and shoveled them. Why is this crazy? I did not shovel so they could comfortably stroll down their walk. I am on their street 5 and 6 days a week. And winter will last another 2 months at least. So, that is what I did.

Then, I filled up my car for $1.66 a gallon by driving across town to my favorite station and also washed my car. I then went to Pier 1, where they were having a 75% off sale. I think they will be closed within a month or two. It looks like it. Then on to Super Target, where I bought a new mop and some salt for the sidewalk. Woo!!! Next, off to Quizno's for a yummy Classic Italian sandwich. Quizno's has been advertising their new price cuts. Well, I am here to tell you the reason. The sandwiches are now smaller!!! Well, at least they didnt raise the prices... I also went to the Starbuck's drive thru for a mocha frapachino and then hunted my buddy Kim down. We bitched about work and talked about my crazy shoveling and then I let her get back to work!!

I went home to mop the kitchen floor, change the sheets, and run more laundry. That was my day. Much better than the route, I think. I really needed to get all that stuff done and I just needed some time to myself; on no one's schedule but my own.

We made tacos for dinner and watched The L-Word!! Yea!!! And now I am refreshed and ready to go back to work tomorrow. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Deb's wedding

Deb's wedding